Industrial Development Board
Mission Statement: Promote, expand, and diversify job opportunities and economic health in Douglas County.
Goal: Quality jobs for Douglas County residents.
- Create quality, family wages jobs in IDB industrial parks, while retaining jobs in existing businesses and industries.
- In IDB industrial parks, provide flexibility on wage levels based on a company's overall investment.
- Support sustainable tourism and commercial job creation and retention.
- Support education/training facilities and programs which meet the needs of a qualified and trainable
workforce to supply business/industry.
- Develop DCIDB industrial sites/parks with necessary infrastructure to attract local/state industries,
as well as companies recruited to locate in Douglas County.
- Maintain an inventory of DCIDB industrial lands available for development at approximately what it is now (+/- 200 acres)
so that when land is sold, IDB purchases more to maintain the inventory.
- Collaborate with the cities, the Umpqua Basin Watershed Committee, and others as appropriate to create wetland banking within the region.
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal partners to maintain and enhance healthy, vibrant economic
climate where local businesses/industries thrive and expand.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing recruitment program that targets businesses/industries that complement
what Douglas County can offer.
- Maintain or create sustainable incentives to assist development.
- Strive to ensure that the Douglas County quality of life is maintained and enhanced through sustainable economic development.
- The DCIDB and staffing team are well trained, professional and strategic in decision making and problem solving.
- Industrial Development Board has trained, professional and qualified staffing team to implement the DCIDB's long range goals and mission.
- DCIDB is recognized in local, regional, statewide, and nationally as an innovative board that creates quality jobs for the County's residents.
- Using public speaking engagements, or other venues, provide information that assists the public, community groups, and civic
organizations in understanding DCIDB's role and activities to create positive economic growth in Douglas County.
Board meetings are on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, from 10:30 to 11:30 am.
The meetings are located at the Douglas County Courthouse, Room 310, unless otherwise notified.
** Cancelled Meeting **
The DCIDB meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 19, 2020 has been cancelled.
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:30am to 11:30am.
The meeting will be held at the Douglas County Courthouse, Room 310.
March 17th Meeting Packet
Solid Waste Fee Subcommittee is scheduled for Thursday, October 24, 2019 2:00pm to 3:00pm,
at the Umpqua Business Center, 522 SE Washington Ave, Roseburg.
October 24 Solid Waste Fee Agenda
2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 and earlier
No Minutes Posted
November 19 2019
December 17 2019
Oct 24 2019 Solid Waste Fee Waiver Subcommittee
September 17 2019
May 21 2019
March 19 2019
February 19 2019
December 18 2018
September 18 2018
July 17 2018
June 19 2018
April 17 2018
March 20 2018
February 20 2018
December 19 2017
October 17 2017
September 19 2017
July 18 2017
June 20, 2017
May 16 2017
March 21 2017
February 21 2017
January 17 2017
|DCIDB Board Members
Melony Marsh, President
City of Roseburg
City of Riddle
City of Canyonville
City of Yoncalla
City of Elkton
City of Oakland
City of Sutherlin
City of Myrtle Creek
Dean of Career
& Technical Education
Umpqua Community College
City of Drain
City of Glendale
City of Winston
|Schedule of 2020 Board Meetings
May 19 (Cancelled)
January 19, 2021