|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, August 1, 2018
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||8/1/2018 9:00 AM
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF July 18, 2018
3. AWARD OF FINANCIAL REPORTING ACHIEVEMENT (Commissioner Freeman)
4. PROCLAMATION Farmers Market Week (Commissioner Boice)
5. UNITED WAY PLAQUE PRESENTATION (Commissioner Boice)
6. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
7. PUBLIC HEALTH Agreement Amendment (Dr. Bob Dannenhoffer)
Tenth Amendment to Agreement #154110 between Douglas County and Oregon Health Authority to reduce funding by $3,672.00 for Tuberculosis services and change to a fee for service model. Amendment also increases WIC services funding by an additional $5,000.00.
8. BUILDING FACILITIES Contract Extension (Janet Coleman)
Fourth Amendment of Contract #170069 between Douglas County and Oregon Department of Justice to extend the contract term date to December 31, 2018.
9. COMMISSIONERS Local Option Levy SEL 801 (Commissioner Freeman)
Adoption of Board resolution referring to voters a local option levy election for public safety.
10. COMMISSIONERS Reappointments to Predator Damage Control District Advisory Board (Commissioner Boice)
Recommendation from the Predator Damage Control District Advisory Board to reappoint Duane Grant and Guy Kennerly to the Board with terms expiring May 31, 2021.
11. COMMISSIONERS Appointment to the Elkton Estates Phase II Special Road District (Commissioner Boice)
Due to the resignation of Paul Ellis, a vacancy exists on the Elkton Estates Phase II Special Road District. Recommendation to appoint Gary Miller to the Elkton Estates Phase II Special Road District Board of Directors with a term expiring 12/31/2019.
12. COMMISSIONERS Grant Agreement (Commissioner Boice)
Grant Agreement between Douglas County on behalf of the Douglas County Industrial Development Board and Umpqua Community College. Agreement contributes up to $7,500.00 to the aluminum welding program from the Industrial Development Board.
13. HUMAN RESOURCES Contract (Michael Kurtz)
Contract #31237 between Douglas County and Centennial Medical Group East, LLC dba Evergreen Family Medicine for pre and post employment testing. Contract term date of June 30, 2019.
14. JUVENILE Contract Modification (Aric Fromdahl)
Second Modification to Contract #30081 between Douglas County and ADAPT to revise the not to exceed amount to $150,000.00 and extend the contract term date to June 30, 2019.
15. JUVENILE Contract Extension (Aric Fromdahl)
Second Modification to Contract #28988 between Douglas County and ADAPT to extend the contract term date to June 30, 2019.
16. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Contract Extension (Jessica Hansen)
Second Modification to Contract #29985 between Douglas County and ADAPT to extend the contract term date to June 30, 2019.
17. PARKS Contract Extension (Rocky Houston)
First Modification of Contract #30574 between Douglas County and Best Septic, Inc. to extend the contract term date to June 30, 2019.
18. PARKS Right of Entry Permit (Rocky Houston)
Right of Entry Permit to grant permission for Oregon State Beekeepers Association to enter upon County owned property described as the Kanipe Park Settlement School for the purpose of removing bees. Permit dates of August 1, 2018 August 31, 2018.
19. PLANNING Public Hearing and Annexation of Property (Joshua Shaklee)
Public Hearing for annexation of property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: BRIDDLE
20. PUBLIC WORKS Preliminary Order Approving Vacation of Property Without Hearing (Scott Adams)
Vacation of a portion of Diamond Ave and 9th St in Winchester Bay. Petitioner: Pauline Salado
21. PUBLIC WORKS Intergovernmental Agreement Extension (Scott Adams)
Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement for sale of fuel between Douglas County and the North Douglas County Fire & EMS. Term extended to June 30, 2019.
22. PUBLIC WORKS Contract Award (Scott Adams)
Contract #31214 awarded to Shannon & Wilson, Inc. to update the seismic ground motions and assess the seismic stability of the Berry Creek Dam. Contract amount is $60,918.00.
23. PUBLIC WORKS Personal Services Assignment (Scott Adams)
Personal Services Assignment #1 under Contract #31096 between Douglas County and LTM, Inc. dba Knife River Materials, Inc. for grinding, prepping and paving of roadway on the Riddle Bypass Road Railroad Crossing Project.
24. PUBLIC WORKS/Fleet Order to Award (Scott Adams)
Order to Award RFP #135-Auction Services to I-5 Auctions.
25. SHERIFF Intergovernmental Agreement Extension (Jeff Frieze)
Intergovernmental Agreement between Douglas County and City of Roseburg to provide inmate housing at the cost of $89.64 per prisoner, per day. Term extended to June 30, 2019.
26. SHERIFF Agreement Modification (Jeff Frieze)
Modification of Agreement #17-LE-11061500-016 between Douglas County and US Forest Service to provide additional funds for patrols on the USFS lands in the amount of $10,000.00. Modification also includes funding for patrol of the Hydroelectric Project Area for 2018 in the amount of $11,064.00.
27. SOLID WASTE Bid Opening (Scott Adams)
RFP #139- Douglas County Public Works, Solid Waste Division Transfer Station Operation proposal.
28. SOLID WASTE Appointment to Solid Waste Advisory Committee (Scott Adams)
Recommendation from the Solid Waste Advisory Committee to appoint Phil Bigler to the Committee with term expiring January 1, 2019.
29. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
30. COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS
31. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held August 15th, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
CONVENE AS THE GOVERNING BODY for the Douglas County 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District
1. Intergovernmental Agreement (William Riggs)
Intergovernmental Agreement between Douglas County Extension District and Oregon State University for provision of extension services with a term date of June 30, 2023.
2. Notice of Designation of Special District Office and Registered Agent (William Riggs)
Recommend approval of Registered Office as 1036 SE Douglas Ave. Room 321, Roseburg, OR 97470 and Registered Agent as such office as Paul Meyer.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. Note: Department Head Work sessions are not recorded A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting