|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, July 11, 2018
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||7/11/2018 9:00 AM
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
2. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF June 27, 2018
3. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
4. COMMISSIONERS Law Library Advisory Committee Appointment/Reappointment (Commissioner Freeman)
A vacancy exists on the Law Library Advisory Committee due to the resignation of Stephen Zier. Recommendation to appoint Tiffany Podlesnik with a term expiring December 31, 2020. Recommendation to appoint Paul van Dyk with a term expiring December 31, 2023.
5. COMMISSIONERS CCD Board Appointment (Commissioner Boice)
A vacancy exists on the CCD Board of Directors due to the resignation of Twila McDonald. Recommendation to appoint Kristi Gilbert to the CCD Board of Directors with a term expiring May 31, 2019.
6. COMMISSIONERS SE Booth Ave Special Road District Appointment (Commissioner Boice)
A vacancy exists on the SE Booth Ave Special Road District due to the resignation of Jerry McCarroll. Recommendation to appoint Stephen Bonebrake to the SE Booth Ave Special Road District with a term expiring December 31, 2020.
7. COMMISSIONERS Cooperative Agreement (Commissioner Boice)
Agreement between Douglas County and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and Wildlife Services (WS) for the cooperative wildlife services program in Douglas County. Agreement dates: of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
8. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Intergovernmental Agreement Amendment (Sean Fallon)
First amendment to Intergovernmental Agreement #RS1618-E between Douglas County and the Oregon Business Development Department (OBDD). Increase the total grant amount by $46,955.00 to $272,100.00.
9. JUVENILE Intergovernmental Agreement (Aric Fromdahl)
Intergovernmental Agreement #13922 between Douglas County and the State of Oregon by and through its Oregon Youth Authority for an amount not to exceed $1,274,895.64 from July 1, 2018 July 30, 2019 for placement of youth in our Creekside and Fowler House Residential Facilities to receive Behavioral Rehabilitation Services at a rate of $217.00 per youth per day. This amount includes $4,403.64 for clothing reimbursement.
10. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Delegation of Authority (Jessica Hansen)
Order delegating authority and to appoint Jessica Hansen as the Authorized Entity Administrator for System for Award Management (SAM) for Douglas County.
11. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Delegation of Authority (Jessica Hansen)
Order delegating authority to Jessica Hansen to certify Financial Assurance and Commit Permittee for Landfill Permits with Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
12. PLANNING Public Hearing & Order Incorporating Territory (Joshua Shaklee)
Hearing for Annexation of property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District #2 (Chief Petitioner: BARE, petition qualified under ORA 198.855(2)
13. PLANNING Emergency Medical Service Advisory Committee Appointment (Joshua Shaklee)
A vacancy exists on the Emergency Medical Service Advisory Committee due to the resignation of Gregg Timm. Recommendation to appoint Gary Garissi as the Fire Department representative with a term expiring November 30, 2020.
14. PUBLIC WORKS NATURAL RESOURCES - Contract Modification (Tom Manton)
First modification of contract #30998 between Douglas County and USGS for the Cooperative Stream Gage Program, reducing Douglas Countys share from $126,259.00 to a new program cost of $109,671.00.
15. PUBLIC WORKS Committee Appointment/Reappointments (Scott Adams)
An open committee announcement was posted for four vacancies on the Special Transportation Advisory Committee. Eleven applications were received, eight for vacancies and three for renewal. Recommendation to reappoint Bob Jacobson, John Campbell and John Schlais. Recommendation to appoint Steve Dahl, Mark Bauer, Sarah Thompson (terms expiring June 30, 2020) and Dee Dee Murphy (term expiring June 30, 2019).
16. PUBLIC WORKS Intergovernmental Agreement Modification (Scott Adams)
Second modification of Intergovernmental Agreement between Douglas County and Gardiner Sanitary District. Gardiner Sanitary District will pay an additional $30,000.00 for the I/I improvements portion of the Gardiner Sanitation District sewer collection system upgrade project for construction costs exceeding the projects remaining available Community Development Block Grant.
17. PUBLIC WORKS Order Awarding Contract (Scott Adams)
Bids were received on May 23, 2018 for the Gardiner Sanitary District Collection System and Inflow & Infiltration (I/I) repairs. The lowest responsive bid was submitted by Black Pearl Paving and Excavation. Total Contract award is $294,695.00 and is funded with a Community Development Block Grant.
18. PUBLIC WORKS Order Initiating Transit District Formation (Scott Adams)
Order initiating formation of a county-wide, non-taxing transit district, which will be funded from Federal and State public transportation grants to provide a transportation dedicated entity to manage public transportation funding and public transportation enhancement decisions.
19. PUBLIC WORKS Intergovernmental Agreement Extension (Scott Adams)
Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement between Douglas County and the City of Drain for sale of fuel for agencys vehicles. Term extended to June 30, 2019.
20. PUBLIC WORKS Solid Waste Intergovernmental Agreement Extension (Scott Adams)
Second extension of Intergovernmental Agreement #30407 between Douglas County Solid Waste and Douglas County Fire District #2 for fire suppression services at the Douglas County Landfill. Term extended to June 30, 2019.
21. PUBLIC WORKS Solid Waste Contract Extension (Scott Adams)
Twelfth extension of contract #22293 between Douglas County and Umpqua Research Company. Extends term date to June 30, 2019 and modifies rate schedule.
22. PUBLIC WORKS Solid Waste Contract Assignment (Scott Adams)
Second assignment of work under contract #30602 between Douglas County and Vista GeoEnvironmental Services to provide Engineering Services for the Roseburg and Reedsport Landfills.
23. PUBLIC WORKS Solid Waste Contract Assignment (Scott Adams)
Second assignment of work under contract #30601 between Douglas County and SCS Engineers to provide Environmental Services to the Roseburg Landfill.
24. PUBLIC WORKS - Solid Waste Contract Extension (Scott Adams)
Sixth extension of contract #27906 between Douglas County and Green Sanitary District. Extends term date to June 30, 2019.
25. PUBLIC WORKS - Solid Waste Second Reading of Ordinance (Scott Adams)
Second reading of Ordinance Creating A Closure and Post-Closure Financial Assurance Account for Roseburg Landfill and Reedsport Closed Landfill. First Reading held on June 27, 2018. Effective Date: October 15, 2018.
26. SENIOR SERVICES Intergovernmental Grant Agreement Amendment (Jeanne Wright)
Third Amendment to Intergovernmental Grant Agreement #154438 between Douglas County and Oregon Department of Human Services, State Unit on Aging federal and state funding for Older Americans Act (OAA) programs. Incorporates unspent 2015-2017 OAA funds. Net increase of $142,517.00.
27. SENIOR SERVICES Advisory Council Reappointment (Kathy Stauffer)
A vacancy exists on the Senior Services Advisory Council due to an expiring term. Recommendation to reappoint current member John L. Campbell to the Senior Services Advisory Council. New term expiration of June 30, 2021.
28. SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT Intergovernmental Agreement (Sheriff Hanlin)
Intergovernmental agreement between Douglas County and the City of Canyonville to provide full time comprehensive law enforcement services for the 18/19 fiscal year in the amount of $179,863.00.
29. TAX Intergovernmental Agreement (Jessica Hansen)
Intergovernmental Agreement #31177 between Douglas County and the State of Oregon Publishing and Distribution for printing/mailing services for the 2018/19 property tax statements. The State of Oregon combines services with multiple public agencies which results in reduced printing and mailing costs.
30. TAX Order Designating Newspaper (Jessica Hansen)
Order in the matter of designating the News-Review for publication of the 2018 Douglas County Tax Foreclosure list per ORS 312.040(1) (a).
31. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
32. COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS
33. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held July 18th, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. Note: Department Head Work sessions are not recorded A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting