You must contact our
office prior to visiting as not all of our archived materials are readily available. Contact can be by telephone (541) 440-6113 or
our mailing address is:
Douglas County Clerk
Roseburg, OR 97470
Available for research:
- Deed Records: 1853 to present day.
- County Court Journal/Commissioner’s Proceedings:
1853 to present day.
- Marriage Records: 1853 to present day.
- Circuit Court Cases: 1852 to 1975 only.
- Probate Cases: 1853 to 1982 only.
- Court Delayed Birth Certificates: Various.
- Inquests: 1896 to 1972 only.
- Naturalization records: 1859 to 1975 only.
- Wills: 1859 to 1969 only (these are incomplete).
- Election Records: 1900 to 1974 only.
- Voter Registration: Purged prior to 1993.
- Adoption Records: Available by Court Order only.
- Insanity Records: Available by Court Order only.
- Birth Records: If less than six (6) months from the date of birth in Douglas County, contact the
Douglas County Clerk’s Office at (541) 440-3513. If it has been six months or longer since the date of birth, contact the State Vital
Records office in Portland at (971) 673-1190
- Death Records: If less than six (6) months from the date of death in Douglas County, contact the Douglas
County Clerk’s Office at (541) 440-3513. If it has been six months or longer since the date of death, contact the State Vital Records
office in Portland at (971) 673-1190
To obtain copies of documents or have a search completed, you may visit our office but please call ahead, or send a written request with a check or
money order to the Archives Division address listed above. Or, you may order by phone with a credit or debit card; the minimum fee for orders
satisfied by mail or phone is $5.00.
||Per Plain Copy of Document
||Per Certified Copy of Document
|Notice: The information provided here is for convenience ONLY. The records located at the Douglas County Clerk's office are the one and only legal instruments. Although reasonable attempts are made to maintain this information as accurate as possible, these documents are being provided as an informational convenience ONLY. Douglas County in no way will be liable for any inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, omissions, or other deviations in these documents from the original copies maintained and filed at the Douglas County Clerk Office, Roseburg, Oregon.